SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
2 Pcs 19mm CNC Aluminum Alloy Guide Rollers Light Weight Roller 15464 Tamiya Mini 4WD Racing Car Model A for Silver vbusay1896-New toy
- German. Post Mgoldcco 30A 1905 Germania-Print (Stamps for collectors)
- Generic Five Generation Reticulated Wheel hub and Rim kit for 1 5 hpi rovan km Baja 5b rc car Parts Green
- RENHAN Non-Slip Climbing Trees Artifact,On The Tree Dedicated Tool,Cat Paw For Hunting Observation, Picking Fruit, Simple To Use.
- WWE Figure 2-Pack, Konnor & Viktor
- Vintage Damask bluee 50th Personalised Birthday Party Invitations
- Tattu 1800mAh 14.8V 75C 4S1P Lipo Battery Pack with XT60 Connector for UAV Drones FPV Racing Quadcopters Aeroplane Victory with Limited Edition, IRC Vortex, Gaui Eclipse E28R
- DC Heroclix BATMAN Azrael LE by HeroClix
- Compass，Mat Sailing Compass with a Giant Symbol on with a Windpink Dark Purple Tones D36 Indoor Outdoor Rubber Mat
- Baby Night Light,LED Night Light Kids with Touch Sensor,Dimmer Lamp Bedside Lamp for Baby Bedroom Baby Feeding Light（Warm White） (color White Light)
- Cgoldlle Babicgoldlle Babipouce Grenadine's Heart Doll
- Pattern05 W72 x L63 Beihai1Sun Rabbit Modes Darkening Curtains Hand Drawn Style Bunny Characters with Long Ears and Carreds Cartoon Style for Kids Curtain for Living Room Multicolor W63 x L45
- Collectible TY Classic Plush Curly Bunny in Carred Sweater
- Magic the Gathering Krasis Incubation (79) Dragon's Maze Foil
- SM SunniMix 10pcs Pack Silk pink Hydrangeas Artificial Flower Wall Party Wedding Backdrop
- TinkerBell Small BackPack - Disney's Fairies Small Rolling School Bag
- Shylling Tiger Tribe Shrinkies Ultimate Collection & Sweet Treats Gift Set Bundle - 2 Pack
- YQQ Small Bench Wood 23CM 21CM 25CM Bamboo Red Oval Small Bench
- Fisher-Price Julius Jr. Sortin Sagebrush Farm
- GJJ Outdoor Helmet Climbing Predection Helmet, Unisex Predection Helmet Adult Climbing Safety Helmet,Sky bluee,L 57-62CM
- Bloomerang6 String Fixed Headless Guitar Bridge Tailpiece Accessory Roll Ball Saddle
- LeadingStar 1100 mAh 3.8 V Battery Accessories for Tello Drone Flight Battery Accessories ZK30 1100mAh
- Traxxas 7665 GTR Hard-Anodized, PTFE-Coated Aluminum Shocks with TiN Shafts (Includes Springs) (Set of 4)
- Acid Rain B2Five 88th Sand Laurel LA4S4 Action Figure Set
- Ms. pink gold Kolor Aluminum Road Bike 700C 18-Speed 20-Speed Road car Racing Breaking Wind
- Little People Fisher Price Night Before Christmas Play Set
- Trademark Fine Art Birds and Berries I by Jane Maday, 14x14
- 12v Mini Cooper Kids Ride On - Available In 3 Colours - Officially Licensed - Parental Remote Control Included (bluee)
- Living Room Bedroom Warm Blanket Taupe Romantic Lively Meadow Inspired Spring Yard Flowers Feminine Fashion Bouquet Print Summer Quilt Comforter W60 xL51 Sofa,Picnic,Camping,Beach,Everyday use
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn